Re: Both Gtk-perl and Gtk2-perl[-xs]

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, [iso-8859-1] Pascal wrote:

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:28:11 +0200 (CEST)
From: "[iso-8859-1] Pascal" <evilynux yahoo com>
To: gtk-perl-list gnome org
Subject: Both Gtk-perl and Gtk2-perl[-xs]

Are there any example of an application [written in perl] supporting both Gtk-1 and Gtk-2 ?
I'm wondering how I could integrate both...

hm. so it's possible to do this but it's some 'double' coding style :)

Example you can write a core modul system that use some functions that are
common and contain functions that are very same in gtk1 and gtk2. (use
that muppet's $gtk
variable things..)

But this is a big deal. 'cause you writing to programs :) a gtk1 and a
gtk2

btw this core modulated system looks good. And need to do some little
coding ? for gtk1 and gtk2 -hm- "wrapper" program that use common things.

But don't know. This work you need two glade files. btw then write two
programs :)

best regards: Christian Hamar alias kRiX

PS.: muppet: gtk2-perl-xs 1.0 release ? when ? Is glade-xml thing are
released and not only available from cvs ?

-Pascal