Re: [RFC] Glib::filename_(to|from)_unicode => Glib->filename_(to|from)_unicode?

muppet said:
the prototype tells the parser how many and what type arguments that
particular function wants --- in this case, it wants one scalar, and
the prototype keeps the parser from giving all the elements in a comma
expression to the function call.

basically, the prototype allows you to omit the parentheses on calls to
that function, making it behave more like a perl builtin.

if we're going to have those in some places we ought to have them everywhere,
i guess. but i assume there's a reason not to, probably would use up more
memory.

-rm