Re: Getting column 2 in selected row of TreeView?

Emmanuele Bassi writes:
With 'clicked' I presume you're referring to a 'mouse event'.

If so, just connect the 'button_press_event' of the TreeView widget.
I've sent a code snippet on how to do this this week (monday or
tuesday).

Just 'cause this is earlier than Monday or Tuesday:

sub on_treeview1_button_press_event
{
    my ($widget, $event) = @_;

    my ($x,$y) = $event->get_coords;
    my ($path, $column, $px, $py) = $widget->get_path_at_pos($x,$y);
    my $treestore;
    $treestore = $widget->get_model();
    my $iter = $treestore->get_iter($path);

    my $stuff = $treestore->get_value($iter,...);

However, I've got a question that maybe can get answered before I dig
too much further here: Anyone got a quick sample on changing the
selection manually?

Specifically, I'm checking for button 3 in my button press event and
bringing up a pop-up menu. I'd really like to have the click propagate
first, but since I can't figure out how to make that work I'd love to
do a "If this is one of the selected nodes, use the selection,
otherwise change the selection to this node and use just this node".

Not quite sure how to pull that off.

Dan