popup menu

Hi,

In my program I want to open a popup menu when the user clicks a button.
It's a bit like an optionmenu but not really the same so I do not want
to use an optionmenu.

(This is not the same problem I had some time ago with my self-made
popup window, asking for help on this list. This time I try to use just
the "standard" popup menu.)

There is an example in C in the docs on page
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkMenu.html but I can't make
it work with perl. I have no event (because the "clicked" signal of
Gtk2::Button does not give me one). But the function
gtk_get_current_event_time() mentioned in
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkMenu.html#gtk-menu-popup
seems not to exist. :-(

If I do not set the time parameter (but give 0 or undef) I get a small
popup window just with a border and size 1x1 but without menu items.

What can I do? Has someone a working example for a popup menu?

Thanks,

Thomas