Re: Large amount of rows in a TreeView list.

csld skynet be said:
[efficiency issues with 10k rows in a TreeModel, would be nice not to
 have to copy and store all those records to the GtkListStore]

To have the same effect in GTK2, I think it's necessary to subclass the
Gtk2::TreeModel. But that seems me complex.

I don't think it's all that complex, but i do know that at this point it's not
possible in gtk2-perl -- we lack the ability to add GInterface implementations
to a Perl-derived type.

This is actually the next big thing on my todo list, but has been held up by
the desire to get released a new stable version with some very important
bugfixes.

or where I can find code samples demonstrating
how to subclass the Gtk2::TreeModel?

i'll be sure to post an example to the list as soon as i get it working.  i
expect to have something working before the new year.

if you can handle reading C code,  Tim-Philipp Müller's TreeView tutorial
explains how to write your own TreeModel.  it's involved, but not actually
hard.
http://scentric.net/temp/tutorial/sec-custom-models.html

feel free to ping me privately about this if you have pressing need or you
think i'm taking too long...  we'll work something out.  :-)

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>