Re: Gnome2::Print binding

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 12:19  AM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

And remember: do not beat me too hard. ;-)

just a couple of things noted from looking at the patch....

xsubs which use PPCODE *must* return void.

ansi-style xsubs might have saved you some work in a few spots...

be sure that you use gchar_own on the return value for strings that you're supposed to free.

and that's all i can see.  great jorb!
[ http://homestarrunner.com/cantsayjob.html ]

that said, i can't test the build, as i have gnome2.0 on this machine, and don't even have the headers for libgnomeprint-2.0 installed. if someone will confirm that this patch works, i'd be happy to add it to cvs.

BTW: Seems to me that there's some black magic at work, inside
libgnomeprint. gperl complains loudly that there are some missing types
(e.g.: "GnomePrintPdf", "GnomePrintMeta") all subtypes of
GnomePrintContext; unfortunately, they are not defined inside the header
files, so I'll need to download the complet source tarball of
libgnomeprint, unless there's some obvious method to wrap them and that
I do not know. :-)

perhaps you need gperl_object_set_no_warn_unreg_subclass?

http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/ Glib::xsapi.html#item_gperl_object_set_no_warn_unreg_subclass

:-)