Do something clever on a keypress with Gtk2-0.92?

I'm using Gtk2-0.92 and I'm enjoying it (and SimpleList)!  However I'm
having trouble finding out how to call a subroutine when a certain key
is pressed.

I know I can do that with a menubar at the top, or maybe track events,
but I don't want a menubar at the top and I'm struggling with events.

Does anyone have example code that could help me out?

Either I want to make an accelgroup without the menu, or just trap
certain key-press events.  I'm lost on how to do either.

THANKS!!