gtk2-perl-xs viewport with null adjustments?

Is there a Gtk2::Perl equivalent of the C-statement
     my_viewport = gtk_viewport_new (NULL, NULL);
The old Gtk-Perl tutorial is a bit light on the subject of viewports, the
perl-gtk-ref.pdf says that the parameters may be undef, but I can't for the
life of me figure out what to put in the parentheses, and
     my $my_viewport =Gtk2::Viewport();
aborts with the message
     variable is not of type Gtk2::Adjustment at ./ip_viewer.pl line 35

--
Traveling Geologist