Re: [xs] notebook problem

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 01:07:22PM -0400, muppet wrote:
the gtk_widget_new (type, listofpropertiesandvalues...) interface was
implemented in both C and gtk-perl, and allowed you to create and initialize a
widget in one statement.  i personally prefer the itemized function calls
because they also work with my own objects (for which i never really bothered
creating object properties), but it should be rather easy to implement this.

I hacked a version of Gtk2::Widget->new for gtk2-perl (not XS) a few days ago.

Also I put this auto-label-from-string-thing in gtk2-perl,
Since one good thing about the inline version is the ease
of do wrapper in perl for the C functions. It would be doable
almost as easy with XS too.

let's collect all these proposals someplace, and start putting them into
effect when the main interface stabilizes (in just a few weeks, at this rate).

"feature requests" in the tracker would be a good place.

regards,
göran