old gtk-perl in new SF CVS (Was: compile error under Radhat 8.0)

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 02:05:56PM -0700, Robert G. Werner wrote:
Is there any chance of getting this patch applied and a new version of
stable issued?

the old gnome-perl for gtk+ 1.x is in the Gnome CVS
http://cvs.gnome.org/

it was last changed by lupus Nov 18 2001

if someone wants to work on this we could put
it our CVS but I don't know if it is worthwhile.
- someone must maintain it, test it and release it
- if fixing the build system is the only thing worth
  doing putting it the CVS might be a bit of an overkill.
- Gtk+ 1.x and Gnome 1.x is dying fast, efforts should probably
  be better put making gtk2-perl/gnome2-perl ready for prime time.

just my 2c,
/göran