Re: gtk2-perl / easily accessing objects properties

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 08:09:41PM +0100, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
we could change our perl objects so that hash access would be
generic wrappers to automatically call set_property with the
right property name and value, giving the following use:
        $obj->{sensitive} = 1
needs a tie or a copy,

yep.

which slows down start time even if we don't use it

do you think the slowdown is measurable? (I haven't made tests
and haven't got significant experience on that topic)

If your can find a smart way to do it is a good thing
to have the syntacical suger.
Plain copying of values is not good.

/göran