Re: First release of Gnome2 perl

Le lun 25/11/2002 Ã 13:12, Yves Duret a Ãcrit :
Quoting Daniel Lacroix <dlacroix erasme org>:

I have juste posted the first beta release of Gnome2 perl binding. This
release is far from being complete and without bug but this can allow
you to start project (like I do).

[..]

I also provide RPM compile with RedHat 8.0.
To install, you will need:
perl-Inline-Files-0.60-1.i386.rpm
perl-Inline-0.44-1.i386.rpm
perl-Gtk2-0.02-1.i386.rpm
perl-Gnome2-0.01-1.i386.rpm

is it possible to put the perl-Gtk2 and perl-Gnome2 spec file into CVS ?
it will help others to build/test their own rpm for other distrib ?
thanks.

I don't have specific SPEC files for perl-Gtk2 and perl-Gnome2. Infact,
I use my program cpan2rpm to build the RPM files. I have put this
program in the gnome2-perl module in CVS. cpan2rpm work for RedHat-7.3,
RedHat-8.0 and Mandrake-9.0. Use it like this:

cpan2rpm Gtk2-0.02.tar.gz (yes you have to rename the tar.gz)

Give the package description and press enter two times (an empty line is
needed). RPM will the be build. SPEC file can be taken from the
"src.rpm" file with "mc" (for example).

I have not provided "src.rpm" for Gtk2 because I had some compile
problem so I compile Gtk2-Perl (for all _Inline stuff), then I recreate
a new Gtk2-0.02.tar.gz file with all _Inline. Then it works. I had the
same problem with Gnome2 but some corrections in fast-compile resolve
the problem (might have the same problem in Gtk2).

If you really need the SPEC files. I can send them to you directly.

Daniel