Re: Inline/gtk2-perl problem solved / patch to Inline::denter.pm

Guillaume,

Good that you moderated that.

I wouldn't be so harsh,
Inline is a very nice module to use.

Not localizing $_ is an easy mistake to make
since it is always in main:: as opposed to all
normal variables used inside a package.
And the problems didn't surface until we started
to do pretty extreme things with Inline::C

Hopefully it will be fixed in 0.45, 'til then
we have the patch.

FYI,
I narrowed the offending lines down by using a
private copy of Inline and good old printf-debugging.
Debuggers are for whimps :-)

/göran