Re: Required versions (was: install problem with Gtk2-Perl-0.04)

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 08:47, Christian Borup wrote:

Anyway, I really think the requirement for an old perl is odd. Gtk+2 was
released much later than perl 5.8, so its surprising that a distro would
have gtk+2 but not perl 5.8, certainly debian has both.

Your right about that. After reading your comment, I know that I don't
want to be a package maintainer for GTK+-2 and it's dependencies for
older releases...yuck!

I guess I'll just use this as an excuse to get everyone running Mandrake
9 / Red Hat 8 :)

Thanks.

--

Steve Fox