Re: Bug in String Height

On 05/16/01 Shlomi Fish wrote:
Just my uneducated opinion but I think that from the definition of C
SvPv(text, tlen) _must_ be evaluated before gdk_text_height is called. If
your compiler does not do that then it is buggy, and it is not the fault
of the Perl/Gtk+ bindings.

Whether SvPv(text, tlen) is evaluated before "ix==1?len:tlen" or not is
left to the discretion of the compiler, but otherwise arguments to
functions are processed before the functions themselves.

It's a bug in the binding: SvPv(text, tlen) is a macro that _sets_
tlen, but as you point out the execution order is undefined.
Fixed in cvs.

lupus

lupus debian org                                     debian/rules
lupus ximian com                             Monkeys do it better