Re: Validate entry in Gtk::Entry

Hi Paolo,

Your suggestion did exactly what I wanted.  Thanks for you help, and, of
course, thanks for your work on Gtk-Perl.

As it's not completely obvious how to do this type of "field validation
on focus out" it might be worthwhile adding an example of it to the
Gtk-Perl FAQ (if there is one - or do we rely on the Gtk FAQ ?), and/or
the tutorial.  The cookbook example of validating text using the
insert_text signal is great for making sure each character is "correct
within context" e.g. all digits or all uppercase etc., but it doesn't
allow for things where you can only check validity when you have the
complete entry eg. checking for a valid date where you'd like to accept
various formats like "30/03/2001" or "2001-03-30" or "30 March 01" etc.,
and you'd also like to reject invalid dates like "31/02/2001".

Cheers,

Chris.