Starting an X-application seems to block the GUI

Hi,
I see some strange looking things in my application:

-Starting X-applications (e.g. gv and xedit) out of glade/perl pressing the 'OK' button the GUI is not refreshed (to test send gv to 'Back') until the child has died.
-The 'Refresh' command sent to the windowmanager works on all tools (also on Glade's builder) but not on the GUI.
-Pressing GUIs 'Cancel' button does'nt work but will be memorized (GUI disappears after the child has died).

I can demonstrate this in a mini-app 'tst', consisting of a GtkWindow, a GtkHBox and the buttons OK and Cancel.
All code in Tst.pm is generated except the sub 'OK_bt_clicked' used to start the X-applications using back ticks.

The X-application seems to block the GUI, how can I avoid that?

What I really want ist to start a application and read back immediatly all things going in earlier times to the console.
Optional giving up this guidance after a second (applic has then checked some things) and have the GUI and the application separated.
Is this possible?

Regards,
Wolfgang

Attached file refresh_tst.tgz shows the mini-app 'tst'