Re: (no subject)

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Etienne Grossmann wrote:

  I will soon have a little time to work on a tutorial on using custom
gtk widgets in perl.

  I started it in html, but I am not sure that's the best format. I am
more familiar with latex; would that be an acceptable format?

Try using DocBook.  I've found it to be an excellent markup language for
this sort of thing.  You can automatically convert DocBook SGML (or
DocBook XML) to HTML, TeX, PDF, PostScript, and several other formats.
It also has some very nice features that make things like
cross-referencing easy.

There is a bit of a learning curve, but http://www.docbook.org and the
O'Reilly book are very good.

Also, if the document is short enough, would you consider making it a part
of my tutorial?  Custom widgets is something I'm interested in, but
decided not to include because of time constraints.  e-mail me if you are
interested.

--
Stephen Wilhelm
    See my Gtk-Perl Tutorial: