ANNOUNCE gmon 0.1

I've now got a working (though not complete) panel applet for regularly querying a mon[1] host and reporting its status. The README is attached at the bottom of this email. This is really just a preview. Let me know what you think. (You can grab the applet at http://pate.networkinglinuxbook.com/gmon-0.1.tgz -- I almost forgot to add that...)

-pate

[1] mon is a network/host monitoring tool, see http://www.kernel.org/software/mon/ for more information

------------------------README----------------------------
  gmon is a panel applet for watching the status of a mon server.  It is
currently capable of alerting if any service returns a failed result.
gmon relies on Gnome-Perl (thanks, Paolo), Mon::Client, and mon
(thanks Jim).

Please let me know what works (or doesn't), and how gmon can be
improved.

thanks,
-pate

pate gnu org

Known problems:
     It doesn't handle dead mon hosts cleanly ... I need to write
      something to handle this case
     The script won't run from the panel menu, but can be started
      from the command line ... I need to figure out the GOAD_ID error

Future features:
     gmon should allow reconfiguration of the mon host
     gmon should provide pop-up windows for reconfiguration and for
      displaying the errors from mon
     gmon should have nicer looking icons