Interesting segfaults

Hello Lupus and other hackers!

I think I've found some really nasty bug in Gtk, libgtk, Gtk::GladeXML
or libglade (I don't exactly know where the problem is).

I sometimes get segfault when I want to load a glade file, which
contains GtkButton objects. After I change them to GtkToggleButton, no
segfault occures. Correction: the problem occures only when I want to
connect signals to them (clicked signal) to buttons, no matter if the
callback exists or not, it did not call the autoconnect helper
function either.

Interesting, that if I switched back to GtkButton, and if I load one of
the two custom widget first (ButtonMatrix), after the Gtk->init (not in
the Gtk::GladeXML::create_custom_widget), it also avoid the segfault. If
I load the second (DateTimeEdit), it also crashes. DateTimeEdit is a
subclass of Gtk::Button.

I checked the perl code of both widgets, but I don't know what would be
the problem.

This "initialization order" thing is not works every time, but If
I change Buttons to ToggleButtons, it works all the time and
avoids crashes.

The project is called PDA::pimPAQ, and is a PIM app suite for Compaq
iPAQ handheld computer... or at least it wanna be :-)

It can be accessed by CVS:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous cvs handhelds org:/cvs/pimpaq

cvs login <enter>

cvs co pimpaq

It is currently in early stage. Install: set up the mysql connection in
the todo.pl and create the database tables from *.my.sql files.

Do you have any idea, where I can find debugging?

I have checked it with perl 5.6.0 and perl 5.005_03, both behaves
similarly.

dLux
--
        A szamitogep megver sakkban, de kickboxban en jobb vagyok! My
        Computer beats me in chess, but I'm better in kick-box!