Re: Size of GtkPerl (compared to PyGtk)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:53:54 +0200, David Weisgerber said:

Am Dienstag, 24. April 2001 20:37 schrieben Sie:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I  have found  that the  Gtk.so  is about  800-900K, and  the size  of
 > PyGtk  is  about  400-500K.  Anyone, who  knows  both  interfaces  can
 > answer why this difference occurs in the glue-size?
 >
 > dLux
 > --
 >             "Don't THINK you are - KNOW you are"
 >                                        (Morpheus, The Matrix)

 I think perl is a different language to python and you have to implement
 functions on a different way. I wouldn't suffer about 900 kb more, people
 with x-servers should have enough space for it.

 I have made up a program which I distribute with gtkperl so the user don't
 have to install gtkperl on their system. It is only 700 kbs (packed with
 gzip) and it doesn't need any gtk library either.

May I ask how?

Thanks,
Maher

 CU,