Re: Event-driven programming

  Currently I  am thinking about a  daemon, which binds a  unix domain
socket, and accepts  connections. If someone writes to  the socket, it
multiplexes  that  to the  other  sockets.  Sophisticated methods  can
also  be developed  (it  can maintain  subscriber's  list for  events,
etc).
  Does anyone has more elegant solution for this problem?

I would say that Unix Domain Sockets are the right solution for your problem
but I think that also UDP communication would be an easy way...
With UDP you don't have streams and you don't have to fork a server for each
client...

CU,
David