Re: [gtk-osx-users] Building on PPC fails - what is the current status?

Dear all, dear John,

John has recommended:
> > [current Gtk-OSX-build fails on Tiger: no fonts displayed]
> The easiest way for you to proceed would be to clone gtk-osx and
> checkout a revision from before last November and build against
> those modulesets.

HOORAY, I MADE IT!!!!!!!

Thanks for all recommendations and helpful instructions!

I went back to some pango version without harfbuzz and it
worked out.  My Macports setup (extract...) is:

   cairo       @1.12.14_0+quartz
   gtk2        @2.24.16_0+no_x11+quartz
   pango       @1.30.1_1+no_x11+quartz
   gdk-pixbuf2 @2.26.5_4
   glib2       @2.34.3_0

Unfortunately deprecated routines (like gdk_font_draw_text)
do not work, but I have now ported my program to use Cairo
exclusively and now everything is fine.

I did not expect deprecated routines to fail silently: either
they should work or compilation/linking should fail.

             Best regards and thanks again,

                      Thomas