GtkStack, builder and hidden objects

Hi all.

I'm using glade to lay out my UIs. I've just noticed after porting some things that used GtkNotebook to GtkStack that objects that I've set as *not* visible ( in glade, select the object, go to the 'common' page, go to 'widget flags' and de-select 'Visible' ) are in fact visible. It seems like GtkStack is calling 'show all' on the widget tree.

Is this intended behaviour? I would expect my 'Visible' flag to be honoured, though I can see how this would be extra work.

For now, I've hooked up some code to re-hide my hidden widgets when the GtkStack's 'set-focus-child' event fires.

Dan