Re: Gtk+ 3.0 and MS Windows

2011/3/25 Mikhail Titov <mlt gmx us>:
> Maarten:
>
> Thanks again! It worked like magic. I'm not sure if I was supposed to get a bunch of dot cpio files in cache/extracted/ folder. I have 7-zip 9.20. Anyway I selected all of them and did "7-zip -> extract here" from explorer. However when I try to run demo I get the following message.

That's great. The rpm indeed contain a cpio file, so you have to
unpack twice. The script I sent the link to does this for you.

> -----------------8<------------------
>
> C:\...che\extracted\usr\i686-w64-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin>gtk3-demo.exe
> **
> Gtk:ERROR:gtksettings.c:558:gtk_settings_class_init: assertion failed: (result == PROP_ALTERNATIVE_BUTTON_ORDER)
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
>
> -----------------8<------------------
>
> Is there something missing, or is it a known issue? It doesn't matter if I change gtk-alternative-button-order to 1 or 0 in gtkrc of MS-Windows theme.

If I understand your other mail correctly, you are combining binaries
from OBS and those provided on ftp.gnome.org. I'm not entirely sure,
but it could be that gives problems. So try downloading all
dependencies from OBS. The script I sent the link to does this for
you.

> Mikhail

So you also got your own build going, great! You may also want to try
downloading -devel packages of the dependencies from the OBS for
linking your own build of Gtk+ 3. Not sure that would give better
results though.

Maarten