RE: problems compiling gtk3

Thanks for the help. I did in fact check the dependenciees of libgio
with ldd but the dependencies where all in /usr/local/lib where I
expected them. As I was screwing around I messed up something with the
gtk themes and all my applications were looking funny, so I just
reinstalled ubuntu to get things working correctly again. As a happy
coincidence, gtk-3.0 built just fine this time without any special help
from the environment variables. I'm puzzled as to how that could be and
annoyed that I wasn't able to find the real problem, but thank you very
much for your help. At this point, I'm happy to sweep it under the rug.

Now... on to my next question (I will post a new thread to the list) :).