Html from Gtk.TextBuffer and Gtk.TextTag

Dear List,

recently I have started to code a text editor. At the end the text will
be published to blogger, so html encoding is desired.
How should I approach that in vala?
I have found on gnome-blog's source that TextTags in rich_entry.py are
created with opening_tag and closing_tag. Before publishing, html
converting is done through a TextBuffer. Those opening and closing tags
are used:
in rich_entry.py
>   html_converter.para_tag = self.buffer.create_tag("p")
>   html_converter.para_tag.opening_tag = "<p>"
>   html_converter.para_tag.closing_tag = "</p>"
in html_converter.py
> def getHTML(buffer):
>     global para_tag
>
>     next_iter = buffer.get_start_iter()
>
>     open_tags = [ para_tag ]
>     html = "<p>" + _getTagsHTML(next_iter, open_tags)
>
>     while not next_iter.is_end():
>         iter = next_iter
>         next_iter = _getNextIter(iter)
>
>         new_text = buffer.get_text(iter, next_iter, True)
>         html = html + new_text + _getTagsHTML(next_iter, open_tags)
>
>     return html.decode('utf8')
Should I do the same in vala?

Best Regards,
  Maciek Rumianowski (rumianom)