Re: Finding width of a piece of text

On 05/21/2009 04:00 AM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Ah.  Please file against cairo at http://bugs.freedesktop.org/

And please attach a complete and minimal sample program (as a single
source file in C or Python) that exhibits the problem. If you have a
suggested patch, that would be greatly appreciated, too.

This line in cairo-win32-font.c looks suspicious:

if (scaled_font->preserve_axes || scaled_font->base.options.hint_metrics == CAIRO_HINT_METRICS_OFF) {
        /* For 90-degree rotations (including 0), we get the metrics
         * from the GDI in logical space, then convert back to font space
         */

Sounds like it should read instead:

if (scaled_font->preserve_axes && scaled_font->base.options.hint_metrics != CAIRO_HINT_METRICS_OFF) {
        /* For 90-degree rotations (including 0), we get the metrics
         * from the GDI in logical space, then convert back to font space
         */

Though that's only about font metrics. The code in glyph metrics does what I suggest.

behdad

--tml