GTK+ crashing on application startup - WinXP

Hello there,

when starting an application using GTK+ (pidgin in my case), I'm getting following error message>

Gdk-ERROR **: _gdk_visual_init: unsupported BITSPIXEL: 0

When I click 'ok', standard MS Visual C++ Runtime error message is displayed about pidgin being terminated. The GTK+ version I got is 'GTK+ Runtime 2.12.8 rev a' and it's installed together with pidgin. I tried to reinstall it, manually clean the folder and registry keys and also manually update the binaries, but no success. I got info from pidgin support maillist, that it's related to display setting or graphic drivers, but I have not changed them recently.

I will appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Martin Stefan