Re: GtkTreeView title bar and scrolling

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:52 AM, AlannY <m alanny ru> wrote:
> Hi there, my name is Alan.
>
> I have confronted with one problem, but it's really hard to explain ;-(
> So, first of all, I recorded a video of my issue ;-) It's on youtube:
> http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=kRalffawAa0
>
> As you can see: I have two application (mine (first one on movie) and
> not mine). Both contain GtkTreeView with title (caption?) bar. The
> problem is near the title bar .
>
> I placed a GtkTreeView in a GtkScrolledWindow, because of scroliing ;-)
> I asked about it some months ago in this mailing list (and of course I
> got a tip of placing GtkTreeView in a GtkScrolledWindow).
>
> So, when I want to scroll my GtkTreeView in MY app, the title (caption?)
> bar are scrolled with GtkTreeView. So, as you can see it in movie ;-)
> But, in other (not mine) applications title (caption?) bar are not
> scrolled with GtkTreeView! As you can see it in second program in my movie.
>
> That is the question: how to tell GtkTreeView to place title (caption?)
> bar always on top and not scroll it while scrolling.

When adding the treeview to the scrolled window, don't use

gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport (scrollwin, treeview);

use

gtk_container_add (scrollwin, treeview);

The reason you do this is that the treeview has native scrolling
capabilities, so you don't need to add it to the viewport first.

-- Neil