question on putting a pixmap on a drawing area.

Hi,

While "studying scribble-simple.c" given in the demos, I saw sth like

  /*    gdk_draw_rectangle (pixmap,
    widget->style->black_gc,
        TRUE,
        update_rect.x, update_rect.y,
        update_rect.width, update_rect.height); */

Here, widget->style->black_gc  can only draw black color. Then,how can I draw with other colors?

As it is mentioned in the tutorial that it's better to draw on a pixmap first, then
copy this backing pixmap to the drawing area.

whether a pixmap only has black and white color?
Does it mean that I should draw directly on the drawing area but not using a pixmap?

Thanks very much!

Zeng

使用新一代 Windows Live Messenger 轻松交流和共享! 立即体验!