help on callback

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and to gtk. I'm playing with some examples and I have a question:

Let's say that I have a window with a bunch of entries and I want to print the string that the user enters when I click a button. It's easy for me to print every string when I press "enter" after editing each entry but how can I get a pointer to each of them when calling a callback belonging to another widget (the button in this case)?

Thanks
Bye

Alessandro