cache config file for glib configure

Hello,
          I am new to working with linux and trying to cross compile  glib so that I can use gtk. I noticed from online postings that a cache config file is required and wanted to know how to determine the below variables.

glib_cv_uscore
ac_cv_func_posix_getpwuid_r

I am trying to configure the libraries for an xtensa processor running linux (Montavista linux kernel). From the information I found online, I came to know i would have to find the information in the linux kernel but have not been successful in locating this. Could anyone help me with this.

Thank you
Pradeep