Re: problem about SIGSEGV and backtrace

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 11:10:46AM +0800, dashikugua 126 com wrote:
>     I want to use SIGSEGV and backtrace  to debug my programme. But I do not know how to use them. I'm running GTK 2.6.4 and Glib 2.6.4 on a Debian woody.
>
>     Could you please guide me and tell where to find what I am looking for?

Compile with -ggdb flag.

  ulimit -c unlimitied

Let it crash.

  gdb PROGRAM_EXECUTABLE CORE_FILE
  bt

Details: http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_toc.html

However, to see the stack trace dump on bad memory accesses,
it is easier to just run the program under valgrind, an
addition you will see also those that do not cause an
immediate segmentation fault.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/