Re: Fwd: How to autostart X11 from GTK application on Mac OS X

I agree, that would indeed be a wonderful thing to have GTK apps be 'native' under OS X. I'll be sure to try that out when it's available. Calvin, your info was great by the way and the Gimp.app approach works wonderfully. I had a bit of 'teething troubles' trying to get things going, but once I copied the necessary files 'script', 'openDoc' and 'Menubar.nib' (that was the one that got me) to the 'Resources' directory within my new bundle, I was good. I had a while ago organized my program to launch within a 'runtime' directory using the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH method with the relevant GTK libraries, so all I had to do for the bundle version was copy that to the 'Resources' directory too and that was about it.

	Thanks,

	Derek

Calvin Ellis wrote:

On 9/28/06, *Paul Davis* <paul linuxaudiosystems com <mailto:paul linuxaudiosystems com>> wrote:

    On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 20:40 +0200, Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:
     > Wasn't there a native port for Gtk on MacOS X?

    there is. its usability varies depending on your application. we (the
    ardour project) can't use it yet - it is still too unstable and
    there is
    missing functionality. i wish someone would fund serious, aggressive
    development of gtk-aqua because it would help out *so* many development
    efforts.

The folks at Imendio are working on the native port. I was able to 'run' my socket focused software program with GTK and no X on MAC. From a recent post they made on their forums, you won't see the next major push for native GTK on MAC OS X till gtk 2.12.

quote from: http://developer.imendio.com/node/51
"Hi, the port is still marked as experimental, and is shipped with 2.10 and later. We are not working on the 2.10 version however but instead focusing on the 2.12 version that is coming up. There is still some work needed, like performance improvements and writing a native theme."

Calvin