Vim 7.0 Problems with gtk+ gui

Hello,
Sorry for cross posting. I thought its a problem with gtk+ and it
occurs when i use vim gui version with gtk+ gui.

I've compiled vim against gtk+-2.10 on SuSE linux 9.1. Gvim does
not display plain text file correctly.  When starting, the following
message appears:

thtsang_yh localhost:~/tmp$ gvim a.c

** (gvim:5444): CRITICAL **: ascii_glyph_table_init: assertion
`gui.ascii_glyphs->num_glyphs == sizeof(ascii_chars)' failed

The line

#include <stdio.h>
is displayed as

#kpdnwef <uwekq.i>

It seems some glyphs are not loaded correctly, as all the characters
are shifted by 1 or 2 places.
I was using SUSE Sans Mono font. Then I've switched to Bitstream Vera
Sans Mono font and every thing works fine.

How can i make it work with SUSE Sans Mono font. What is the problem
with that font.? When i compile vim against gtk+-2.6 every thing is
normal.

Any solution?

Surya