Re: Gtk XOpenDisplay Xcompile problem

--- harshavardhanreddy mandeepala <hvreddy1110 gmail com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am trying to cross compile Gtk+2.6.10 for my ARM board.
> I compiled Xfree86-4.6 and related dep libraries for Gtk.
> While compiling my Gtk i am facing the following problem.
> I set my environment variables to point my libraries .
> whenever i compile(configure) Gtk it is giving following error message

> checking pixbuf loaders to build...
> checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
> checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
> checking for x86 platform... no
> checking for gdk-pixbuf-csource... /opt/gnome/bin/gdk-pixbuf-csource
> checking for freetype-config... /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-
> 4.1.1-glibc-2.4-nptl-2
> /arm-none-linux-gnueabi/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/local/bin/freetype-config
> checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least 2.0.1)... yes
> checking for X... libraries /tmp/xfree86_new/dist/usr/X11R6/lib, headers
> /tmp/xfree86_new/dist/usr/X11R6/include
> checking for gethostbyname... yes
> checking for connect... yes
> checking for remove... yes
> checking for shmat... yes
> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
> checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
> configure: error: *** libX11 not found. Check 'config.log' for more details.
>
> I checked even config.log file and i understand that it is looking for
> libXext.
> But libXext is there in my Xserver lib .Which is also Xcompiled and is in
> the Environment path which i set.
>
> For clear idea i am attaching my config.log file  along with this mail.
>
> Infact while i cross compiling pango it didn't gave any problem while
> configure ,but in the make process it
> has given some problems.But when i added -lXext -lexpat  to  XFT_LIBS it
> compiled without any problem.and it has created
> all pango libraries for backend freetype ,X.Xft.
> But for Gtk it is giving problem at the time of compilation itself. If It
> links libXext i hope it won't give any problem.But i don't know how to link
> externelly.
> If some body helps in this regard it will be great .
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
> Harsha

When I have problems with 'configure', I often change the first line of 'configure'
to contain '-xv' switches, and then run

./configure <args> 1>configure.log 2>&1

- the above in 'sh'-like syntax.

This often helps to understand why exactly 'configure' fails. I find this to be
more useful than the standard 'config.log'. This helps to understand the logic
of 'configure' itself and to see what it is checking and where.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/