expose-event

hi,
first of all ... thanks for competend answers anytime!
now my question:
an expose-event signal works to a window widget.
why does the expose-event activate 2 times when i
resize my window. i wanna redraw a drawingarea after i resize
the window. but in this case my drawing-function do her work,
and after that the expose-event delete it. in the expose-event-callback
i have the following lines:
gdk_draw_pixmap(widget->window, gc, pixmap, 2, 2,
                widget->allocation.width, widget->allocation.height);
return false;

please help me i get insane in my brain ;-)