logical problem

hi,
please help me i have a logic problem. i write a application
that draws CADpoints from a Cadfile (x,y coord.) on a
drawingarea. so far so good. now i wanna align this points to the
windowsize. my idea was, add the windows x-y coord. to the pointcoord.
but this is not very suggestive. i know this is not a real gtk thing but
i thought some of you are really c++ cracks and could bring me on the
right way. thanks!