Re: gtk comp issues: please help

> are there any steps for beginners say do this, this and this.

Well, in a archtectural point of view, one of the main advantages of
using an embedded linux system as target is that the steps used to
compile for desktop enviroments are the "same" used to build embedded
building. So, i i think there is no a specific list of steps to
perform cross-compilation, except howto used in specific toolchains.
Are you using any !?

>  serious issues i think are pkg-config and its path.
>
>   i am getting error:
>        checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
>        checking for fontconfig >= 1.0.1... configure: WARNING: No
> fontconfig found, skipping
>        tests for FreeType and Xft
>        checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.5.7 gobject-2.0
> gmodule-no-export-2.0... configure: error:

I think you must to pull the fontconfig source code and build it by your hand.

http://freeware.nekochan.net/source/fontconfig/

Detail: make sure you are setting up every them to a common prefix
(configure --prefix=XX_DIR)

My hunble advice is if you are familiarized with debian and its
development tools  (apt-get, dpkg and so on) , I would suggest you the
usage of scratchbox as toolchain. btw, a simple command would solve
your problem :)

regards

--
Antonio Gomes