Pango Error...

I try to install PANGO for GTK, but get the error.... configure:
WARNING: X development libraries not found
checking for fontconfig >= 1.0.1... Package fontconfig was not found
in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fontconfig.pc'
No package 'fontconfig' found
configure: WARNING: No fontconfig found, skipping tests for FreeType and Xft
configure: error: *** Didn't find any of FreeType, X11, or Win32.
*** Must have at least one backend to build Pango.

I have installed glib and ATK, but this stumps me, please tell me what
to download and it's dependancies.
--
In three words I can sum up all i have learned about life, "It Goes On".
-Robert Frost