Re: problems installing pango...

> I have a debian distro (woody) with X server running, the X font server
> is also running (xfs).
>
> I tried to get info from the Pango web site but could not find any, or
> understand it :)

Backend = a place to fetch font data and display it.

You need to have the development packages installed aswell. On debian I
recall that they have the same name, byt suffixed by -dev, so if you have
binary package "foo" you would install "foo-bar" aswell. Install the
development package to X and fontconfig and you can compile pango.

But doesn't debian woody already provide binary-packges for pango 1.8.0 etc?

Stian