How to implement the GUI interface with a tranfer files window

Hi Everyone,

I need to make a GUI interface which is kind of like
the gftp program. I need to have a half left side
window which will show the files I try to copy. The
right side of the window will show the dirctory where
the files copy to.

I want to have a independent window not like the file
selection window I have to open and close.

I've been thinking about making new widgets with the
file selection widgets inside. But I don't know how.

Please let me know if anyone knows about this or some
examples on the web.

Thanks,
-Amy