Re: Gtk+ bindings for obscure languages

On 11 Oct 1999 20:28:03 -0400, Weiqi Gao <weiqigao@a.crl.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just joined the list and have a small question:
>
>Where can one find detailed information about the general practice of
>create a language binding for the Gtk+/Gdk/Glib libraries?
>
>As you might have imagined, I couldn't find a Gtk+ binding for my
>favorite language, even though it's now one of the five languages
>supported by the GNU Compiler Collection, and it ain't FORTRAN.
>
>My hope is that creating such a language binding is not a huge
>undertaking, and I'll create one just for my own use.

There are more than five languages that I can think of...

If you mean Ada, then wouldn't http://gtkada.eu.org/ be what you seek?

If you mean Chill, you have to figure out how to use a C function from Chill, and also
how the concept of an object maps to the language, and then just start chugging away at
making bindings (or, alternately, write a program to do it for you :).

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.