Re: Problem trying to compile gtk+-1.2.3 on Sun So laris 2.7

"Herring, Nathan A" <nathan.a.herring@lmco.com> writes:

> Thanks.
>
> How about this then, I compile glib-1.2.3, gtk+-1.2.3 and then compile
> x11amp (an mp3 player that needs glib and gtk+) successfully but when I try
> to run the x11amp I get the below (which I associated to the warnings I was
> getting back):
>
> Nate

> root# /usr/local/bin/x11amp
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: shmat failed!

Solaris is apparently sometimes configured with a ridiculously low
limit on the number of shared memory segments per process. GTK+ tends
to want quite a few (at least 6-7); and some applications want more
for themselves, so this is probably what you are seeing.

Regards,
                                        Owen