Re: [gtk-list] Implementing "modeless" dialogs as in Photoshop

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Mohamed Hendawi wrote:

> I am interested in creating an application that has the same style as
> Adobe Photoshop where there is a large main area, and multiple
> palettes (modeless dialogs) within that area.   When I iconify the
> application,
> all of the palettes should be iconified as well.
>
> Is this possible with GTK?  I created a main toplevel window and then
> a dialog and popup window.  When I iconify the main window, both the
> dialog window and the popup stay up.
>
> If anyone can point me to an application that exhibits this behavior
> and can study the source that would be great.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think in theory what you would do is
setup a signal handler for your main window for the minimize signal.  Have
the signal handler go through and minimize all your popup windows and
dialogs.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

"You can't kiss a girl unexpectedly -- only sooner than she thought you would."