Re: [gtk-list] g_setenv() anyone

Andrew Walker wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm brand new to GTK and I've thrown myself in at the deep
> end. I'm writing some code that needs to use setenv(). On
> some systems that might be in the C library, but it isn't
> on SunOS 4.1.x and its not in GNU's liberty, so I thought
> there might be one in glib. g_getenv() is there, but not
> g_setenv(). Now, I can implement a setenv() in my own code,
> or I can write a g_setenv() for glib. Or some other kind
> soul who is more familiar with the Gtk/glib programming
> philosophy and practices could implement it for me ;-)
>
> Comments anyone.
>
> -Andy

Sorry about this rubbish. As somebody just kindly pointed
out to me, I should have been looking for putenv(), not
setenv(). Case closed (who'd believe I'd be programming
on UNIX for 13 years, huh? - sometime you can't see the
wood for the trees).

-Andy

--
Andy Walker                              Kvaerner Oil & Gas a.s.
andy@lysaker.kvaerner.no                 P.O. Box 222,

   ......if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence......