Re: Raghindi Font and Xft

At 09:17 AM 5/8/2002, Owen Taylor wrote:
I spent a little more time looking at it, and the problem is simply
that Raghindi includes a 0 length 'kern' table, which is presumably
supposed to be ignored.

When I modified fonttools to skip 0-length tables, then dumped and
recompiled the font, the result was read correctly by FreeType and
worked well with the indic-xft shaper

I've CC'ed Prof. R.K. Joshi on this email ... perhaps it would be
possible for him to produce a version of raghu.ttf without the
0-length table?

If not, the alternative would be to get FreeType changed to treat
0-length tables the same as missing tables.

I think we should get FreeType changed in any case because there are probably other fonts out there with 0-length tables.

Eric