GIO performance improvements

I'm not sure this mailing list is the correct place to post
GLIB-related requests, but I didn't find a glib-devel-list.

I wrote a patch for GLIB 2.28 GIO subsystem to benefit from
dirent::d_type and be as lazy as possible on
lstat(2)/stat(2)/readlink(2)/access(2) syscalls on local file system
when information is requested on a GFile or when a directory is listed.

This patch is not yet very clean or commented but I can improve it
before submitting it.

May this type of patch be accepted in GIO ?

Actually, I wrote this patch to bring dramatical performance
improvements to Thunar-1.2, but I may wrote similar patches for
Nautilus.

--
André Gillibert