disabling GTK+ features to shrink GTK+

Would GTK+ upstream accept patches to disable GTK+ features?  For example,

    ./configure --disable-file-chooser-disable

would make the GtkFileChooser() an empty stub.

I ship GTK+ in my application's Windows installer, and I'd like to
shrink GTK+ because my application's dependencies are ~95% of the
installer size and GTK+ is about half.  I tried other methods [1] with
mixed results.  My application uses only a small subset of GTK+
features, so I could remove the file chooser, font chooser, assistant,
print support, spin button, recent documents chooser, spinner, etc.

Andrew

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2010-March/msg00166.html